Thursday 12 March 2015

Greetings

Dear People of the Internet,

Hello.

We may never meet, or know each other beyond those catchy usernames we come up with but let me introduce myself. My name? It’s not important (<cue Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy clip>). What is important is the goal of this blog. I have been so encouraged in recent months by Christian bloggers sharing their walk with God. The issues covered in these blogs have ranged from mental health to computer game reviews.

You’ve probably picked up a few things about me already. My wonderful sense of humour (and deep and abiding modesty) and my tendency to be somewhat geeky. Wait, don’t leave yet! I’m still cool, promise (mumma always told me not to make promises I couldn’t keep…). However, these fascinating facts are not my true purpose. As I have been encouraged I wish to encourage others in turn.


My prayer is that the words you read here will serve to edify the body of Christ. I believe God works through people, often without said person realising. I believe that it is the Spirit of God and the transformative power of His grace that makes a difference in our lives (it sure has in mine). So, maybe He will use this blog to reach you, maybe He won’t. I honestly don’t know. But it is my hope it will and in either case I trust in God’s love for each and every one of you.

"By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (John 13: 35)


2 comments:

TheBowlerHatKid said...

Wonderful idea for a blog <3 Looking forward to reading more posts and hopefully reciprocating the love and encouragement :) God bless.

MB said...

Thanks for the support, God bless you too :)